Networking opportunity in Muscatine, Iowa
Looking for community connections for your research?
University of Iowa students interested in professional development opportunities are invited to attend the IISC and City of Muscatine Partnership Celebration event September 12, 3:30-5:30 p.m. at the Muscatine History and Industry Center.(A 30-40 minute drive; click for map and directions).
At the event, students will learn about the IISC’s partnership programs. In addition, students will have opportunities to network with City of Muscatine officials, urban planners, business leaders from Fortune 500 companies, business owners, engineers, and artists.
Graduate and undergraduate students in business (marketing), engineering, public health, and urban planning are especially encouraged to attend.
Students preparing for this networking opportunity should:
- Read about the IISC and City of Muscatine partnership.
- Prepare a brief statement of your research interests and/or skills you would bring to a potential employer.
- Read nametags to find the people you want to speak with, and then don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
- Show you're open to discussion by asking good questions (questions about the IISC/Muscatine partnership will show that you've done your homework).
- Dress in business or business-casual attire.
- Arrive on time; networking time will be brief.
Topics related to the IISC/Muscatine partnership:
- Riverfront redevelopment
- Transportation, connectivity, and way-finding
- Workforce survey
- Population growth assessment
- Branding the community of Muscatine
- Art in public spaces
- Community building through digital story-sharing
- Engineering projects in municipalities
- Public health related to nutrition and restaurants