A Dynamic City
Many Iowa students fall in love with Iowa City and call it home after earning their degrees. The community ranks high in many published reports.
- Third-best place to live in America: 2015, according to Outside magazine.
- Iowa City is among the top 10 cities in the country in which to live, work, and play in 2016, according to a ranking by Liveability.com.
- Least-stressed city in America, according to a 2014 study published in SmartAsset.
- Fourth-Ranked College Town in America, according to the American Institute for Economic Research's College Destination Index (2014-15) among metropolitan statistical areas with under 250,000 residents.
- Best City for College Graduates in 2015, according to the Huffington Post.
- UNESCO City of Literature, one of only seven worldwide.
- Fourth "Brainiest" City in America, according to a 2013 analysis published in The Atlantic.
- Fourth Smartest City in the United States in 2013, according to Lumosity.
- Ranked in the Top 25 Cities for Jobs, "Q4 2013 Career Trends Report" by Beyond.com.
- One of 7 top literary cities in the country, according to a 2014 report in Highbrow Magazine.
- One of the "Best Cities for Work/Life Balance" in 2014, according to NerdWallet.