Graduate education enriches the teaching, research and creative missions of the entire University. With over 71,000 graduates in all 99 Iowa counties, 50 states, and 127 countries worldwide our alumni serve the State of Iowa, contribute to national and international research, and take Iowa innovation to the world.
At Iowa, we are very focused on our students’ success. We are working to attract talented graduate students and support them throughout their graduate experience. We are developing comprehensive support and professionalization services: travel grants, fellowships, teaching and research awards, dissertation completion awards, and career services. In an increasingly competitive job market, the UI Graduate College is redefining educational pathways to career success for our scholars.
At Iowa, our top priorities for private support include:
Increasing Fellowships & Scholarships
- Recruitment Fellowships
- Retention & Completion Fellowships
- Travel Awards
Supporting Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives
- Recruitment & retention of URM students
- Programming to support community building and campus inclusion efforts
Enhancing Professional & Career Development
- Student conferences & professional development training opportunities
- Career mentoring network
- Individual career counseling appointments (material review & coaching)