The Graduate College’s Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP) is an award-winning eight-week emersion program designed to provide underrepresented undergraduate students with in-depth research experiences. SROP is a gateway to graduate education in a Big Ten Academic Alliance Initiative at the University of Iowa.
Students receive first-hand exposure to the graduate school experience at the University of Iowa and scholarly research by being paired with a faculty mentor whose work is closely related to their academic interests and career goals.
- Enrolled in a degree-granting program at a college or university. Must not have completed undergraduate work and does not anticipate graduation the summer or following fall of the program. Preference is given to sophomore and junior students.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Stated goal of a doctoral degree and interest in a research career.
- Be a member of a group that is historically underrepresented in graduate education.
- Willing to devote full time to the program during the eight-week session—not taking classes or gainfully employed.
This year’s program runs from Sunday, June 7 through Friday, July 31, 2020. To register for the next cycle, please fill out this form. The deadline to submit the application is March 1, 2020.
For more information, please contact Grad-DEI Director Liz Lara, MS, at email@example.com.