The Kenneth T. Key Fund is available to University of Iowa graduate students born in Taiwan. The fund can be used for two purposes: 1) up to $1,000 in tuition scholarship per semester for students not on other fellowships or assistantships or whose tuition is fully paid by another source, and 2) small awards for direct costs for allowable research expenses (call to verify that it's an allowable expense) or conference/professional development travel (typically no more than $1,000). Awards are competitive and based on a student's academic record.
The application deadline is rolling. Applications will be reviewed as they come in. Once all money is allocated for a given year, applications will no longer be accepted. Check the website for updates. Students must submit their part of the application materials to their department at least two weeks ahead of desired submission date. Check with your department as soon as possible to inform them that you intended to apply.
Applicants can be in any department or program and at any stage of their academic program. The applicant must have been born in Taiwan.
Online applications must include the following items as separate PDF files:
- Statement of educational goals and plans (no more than 300 words).
- If the application is for research or travel money, a detailed description and justification of each expense is required (up to 500 words).
- Proof of birth in Taiwan (such as a photocopy of a passport or visa)
- Transcript (unofficial acceptable)
LETTER OF SUPPORT:
- One letter of support from the student’s advisor, DGS, or DEO.
Applications must be submitted online by the student’s department. Students must submit their part of the application materials to their department at least two weeks prior to the Graduate College deadline. Check with your department as soon as possible for their deadlines as well as inform them that you intended to apply. Applications submitted by the student (and not someone in the department such as the DGS, DEO or grad coordinator) will be voided and not considered.
Students must provide their department with all materials at least two weeks prior to the deadline. Check with your department immediately to be sure of their internal deadlines as well as to indicate your intention to apply
PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL WITH QUESTIONS
- Executive Director of Operations Donna Welter (335-2145) or Associate Dean Shelly Campo (335-2136) or via email at email@example.com)