International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) of the University of Iowa provides leadership in international education and intercultural learning through services to international students and scholars, their dependents, the University, and the surrounding community. ISSS enhances the academic, cultural, and social pursuits of our students and scholars through exceptional immigration and personal advising as well as outstanding cross-cultural programming and training.
International Programs (IP) at the University of Iowa provides leadership and support for internationally-oriented teaching, research, creative work and community engagement.
IP administration, faculty and staff have the common objectives of:
- Internationalizing the undergraduate, graduate and professional curricula across departments and disciplines
- Promoting international scholarship, educational exchange and linkages with individuals and institutions abroad
- Enhancing the Iowa experience for international students and scholars
- Furthering globally-oriented knowledge and activities across the state and in partnership with the state of Iowa
- Helping create a community and society responsive to the increasingly global needs and obligations of citizenship