The UI Stanley Museum of Art is pleased to offer a half-time graduate assistantship in two different departments funded by the Graduate College. This post is for the Graduate Assistantship in Learning and Engagement.
The assistantship is a 50% (20 hrs./wk.) academic year 2020-2021 appointment, paid at the minimum Graduate College stipend level, with a 100% tuition scholarship each semester based upon the Board of Regents resident graduate tuition. At present, the graduate assistant will work remotely with their supervisor in Fall 2020.
Graduate Assistantship in Learning and Engagement
This graduate assistantship is ideally suited for students with experience and interest in art and museum education as well as outreach.
- Develop museum-based K-12 curricula for core subjects for teachers and students to use in the classroom and at the museum.
- Create STEAM curricular connections and activities for K-12 education.
- Design assessment instruments for K-12 programming.
- Develop creative, enriching, and accessible gallery experiences of the museum’s exhibitions to the public, particularly K-12 audiences and their families.
- Engage with the public and with peers twice during the course of the academic year by leading a public program, a discussion with staff or peers, or other project.
- Provide organizational support for Learning & Engagement projects, including calendar management and workflows.
- Assist with university class visits as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- B.A. in the arts, education, or other related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exemplary research and writing ability
- Ability to maintain highest levels of confidentiality and discretion
- Experience in museums, galleries, or other relevant art settings desirable but not required
Work may be performed in an office environment, museum environment or field environment and may involve handling objects up to 25 pounds.
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Application deadline is Monday, July 20, 2020.