The Office of Graduate Inclusion is working to build a sustainable practice of inclusion to attract and keep top underrepresented graduate scholars in our 100+ graduate programs. OGI uses an approach that builds community and involves faculty in recruiting and mentoring efforts.
- Increase numbers of underrepresented ethnic minorities in graduate programs.
- Increase the number of doctoral students among U.S. ethnic minorities.
- Build community for ethnic minorities within graduate programs at Iowa.
- Having a presence on campus with a clear message of inclusion and community.
- Offer support to departments and programs at The University of Iowa that are interested in building, extending, or sustaining their practices of ethnic inclusion.
- Support a faculty-based effort for recruiting top graduate scholars who are underrepresented ethnic minorities.
- Provide mentoring and support for students throughout their degree programs.
- Provide professional/career development and networking opportunities for OGI students.