For many students, teaching offers a new and exciting skillset to develop during graduate school. Being a teaching assistant (TA) may be a one-time requirement for completing your degree or a continual means of financial support throughout your graduate education, but many graduate students will be a TA at least once during the course of their degree program.
The Graduate College partners with the Center for Teaching which supports teaching and learning excellence across campus.
Example topics for workshops include:
- Facilitating discussions
- Motivating students
- Assessing student learning
- Challenging conversations in the classroom
- Using instructional technology (such as ICON, MAUI, Clickers, etc)
- Maximizing TA positions as professional development
- Creating and refining teaching philosophies
- Other custom topics upon request